Ollie & Quentin Book

Ollie & Quentin Book
125 pages in full colour!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Caffeine


It's comic strip appreciation week here 'cos another great strip I read every day is Between Friends by Sandra Bell-Lundy. I can really relate to her current series about being a caffeinaholic.
I gave up caffeine a couple of years ago but still sometimes go to coffee shops to write my comic strip. I sit there drinking disgusting watery decaffeinated coffee. So weak are some of these coffees that I was even falling asleep at the tables using my blank notebook as a pillow. Last week I accidentally ordered a proper coffee and WOW, not only did I stay awake but the ideas came thick and fast.
So Thursday, my writing day, is now my caffeine day too or do you think I'm kidding myself and am about to completely fall off the wagon?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

After years of drinking decaf, I've come to detest the stuff. Decaf tea isn't as bad as decaf coffee, though.

"Proper" coffee...I love that! I've always called it "real" coffee or "caffeinated" coffee...but I think "proper" is the best description!!!