Ollie & Quentin Book

Ollie & Quentin Book
125 pages in full colour!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Way



I saw 'The Way' starring Martin Sheen and directed by his son Emilio Estevez last week because I am very keen to walk The Camino de Santiago one day. Maybe soon. The Camino de Santiago (the Way of St. James) is a large network of ancient pilgrim routes stretching across Europe and coming together at the tomb of St. James (Santiago in Spanish) in Santiago de Compostela in north-west Spain. The most popular route is the Camino Francés which stretches 780 km (nearly 500 miles) from St. Jean-Pied-du-Port near Biarritz in France to Santiago. 

The movie is a sweet, tear jerking load of predictable, sentimental twaddle but I loved it all the same. 


I'm 50 at the end of next year so maybe that would be the time to walk it. Better start preparing my feet.

Buen Camino!

No comments: