Ollie & Quentin Book

Ollie & Quentin Book
125 pages in full colour!

Friday, May 08, 2009

Biggest Tintin Page in the World



I'm a huge Tintin fan so I was thrilled when Mike Lynch's excellent blog alerted me to this. It's a giant printed Tintin page from Herge's book The Adventures of Tintin: Destination Moon which is seen here in Brussels' Grand Place in Belgium. The 32m x 21m page is printed on a series of thermo welded sheets weighing 350kg and covering 672 sqm. I read that there's to be a new Tintin movie due for release in 2011 starring Jamie Bell as Tintin and James Bond actor Daniel Craig as the villain. It's co-produced by Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg. Don't know them.

1 comment:

Chris Tregenza said...

Spielberg and Jackson are two indi film makers who are always ignored by the mainstream press.

To counter this lack of exposure I've set up a blog all about Tintin the Tintin movie.

I'm not very good with names so I called it:

http://TintinMovie.org